Dentist anaesthesiologists see a wide variety of patients including:
- Children who are too young to cooperate with dental treatment
- Patients who experience dental fear, phobia and dental anxiety
- (You might be surprised just how common this is!)
- Patients with developmental disabilities, medical complexities, tremors, and those with a severe gag reflex
- Patients who have a true profound ability to become appropriately “numb” with regular local anaesthesia
All of these patients need and deserve access to high quality dental care. Dental anaesthesiologists help facilitate their care.